Founded in the city of A Coruña in 2004, MMASA Studio sustains an international practice with offices in Spain and Mexico. It is led by Patricia Muñiz and Luciano G. Alfaya, architects trained at the Universities of A Coruña, Madrid, Barcelona, Porto, Rotterdam and Edinburgh. Muñiz and Alfaya were lecturers at TEC de Monterrey, in México (2014-2015). Previously, they were lectures at the University of A Coruña (2009-2013) and they have been invited as guest lecturers all over Spain, as well as Austria, Portugal, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina. The work of MMASA has won numerous awards in national and international competitions, including the first prize at the European 10 Prize in Poland and various public buildings in Spain (such as the courthouse in O Barco or Almagro). Moreover, several of its houses have been awarded for their contributions and design. MMASA projects have been presented in various publications and media, including Metalocus, AV Proyectos, Baulwelt, Detail, Via Construction, La Voz, El Pais or NYTimes. MMASA Studio has developed several research projects on the city and territory transformation. Their project “A Cidade dos Barrios”, was a finalist of the Biennial of Spanish Architecture and Urbanism 2011. MMASA Studio has generated over the years many cultural activities as well as publishing professional publications. In 2009 Muñiz and Alfaya were Independent Guest Experts of the Mies van der Rohe European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture.
- Patricia Muñiz Núñez [Cambre, A Coruña, 1974] PhD Architect from the University of A Coruña, possesses a Certificate of Research Proficiency and the Pedagogical Aptitude Certificate (CAP) by the same university. Metropolis Master in Urban Culture at the Polytechnic University of Cataluña.
- Luciano González Alfaya [Mondariz Balneario, Pontevedra, 1974] is also an Architect from the University of A Coruña and possesses the Certificate of Research Proficiency at the same university. Master Degree in Urban Planning and strategies at the University of Santiago de Compostela. He is developing his PhD thesis in E.T.S.A. Madrid. He was assitant in the University of Edimburgh.
- Angela Martinez (Ferrol, A Coruña, 1980) Architect from the University of A Coruña and Master in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency . She has worked at Oficina de Arquitectura y Urbanismo in Ames (2009-2012), at Inter-national Design in Rotterdam (2015). Since 2016, she is collaborating regularly with MMASA Studio.
- Maria F. Lopez-Vizcaino (Lugo, 1989) Es arquitecta por la Universidad de A Coruña y está realizando el Master de Planificación y Gestion del Desarrollo Territorial en la USC. Colabora de forma habitual con el Estudio MMASA desde 2016 en el desarrollo de Analisis Urbanos y Planes de Movilidad.
- Hugo Felix Sanchez (Aguascalientes, 1976). Architect from UAA and Master en Diseño Arquitectonico at UPC. Since February of 2015 is collaborating with MMASA Studio. He is the current leader of the company in Mexico.
- Antia Martinez (Ponteareas, 1991). Architect from the University of A Coruña. Since 2017, she is collaborating regularly with MMASA Studio.
- Cristina Botana (Santiago de Compostela, 1984). Architect from the University of A Coruña. Since January 2017, she is collaborating regularly with MMASA Studio..
ESPAÑA. A CORUÑA. C/ Atocha Alta nº22 Bajo E. 15002. Cambre. A Coruña [T]+34 981 664463 [@] firstname.lastname@example.org
ESPAÑA. PONTEVEDRA C/ Ramón Peinador nº34 1ºC 36890 Mondariz Balneario. Pontevedra [T]+34 600 411 384 [@] email@example.com
MEXICO. AGUASCALIENTES. C/ Madero, n°607 Bajo. La Purisima. c.p. 20259 Aguascalientes [T]+52 449 153 2993 [@] firstname.lastname@example.org